MAGALI | CONTACT
Magali is a visual journalist and photographer who splits her time between Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area. She currently works for the Mountain View Voice and the Almanac. She shoots both digital and 35mm. Her work has also appeared in the Palo Alto Weekly, Frankfurter Allgemeine Magazin, LA Magazine and KCET.
Magali Gauthier received her Master Of Journalism from the University of Southern California in May 2017. Her studies focused on visual journalism through video, photo, interactive webpages and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram).
She grew up in the Bay Area and is fluent in French, English, and Spanish. She loves baking pies and enjoys binging on murder mystery series.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- March 2018 - Featured photographer for “Editor's Spotlight Your Shot Series: Breaking Barriers” from National Geographic
- November 2017 - Winner of “Because of Her” competition from National Geographic
- November 2017 - Finalist in "Shoot the Face" competition from Shoot the Frame
- October 2017 - Part of team of journalists who won the Online Journalism Award in the Pro-Am Student Award category
- May 2017 - Finalist for Society of Professional Journalist Mark of Excellence Award in the Television In-Depth Reporting category
- July 2015 - Winner of “Daily Dozen” competition from National Geographic
- June 2014 - Member of the Year for work as Photography Editor at The Bottom Line